THE list of donors goes on and on, such has been the support for the Hands Up For Help Auction and raffle at the Warwick Polocrosse Club Carnival at Morgan Park this weekend.
Hands Up For Help is to support Tansey Polocrosse Club member Alex Rowe who is on gene therapy treatment for leukemia.
She has battled the illness for four years and became resistant to chemo so willingly became the first person in Australia to receive gene therapy treatment for leukemia.
The important thing is, blood tests in the past month prove the treatment is working well - the only downer is the cost of $9000 a month.
And the Tansey and Warwick polocrosse clubs have combined for this weekend's fundraiser with the auction at 6.30pm today. Auction organiser Russell Davison said the auction had grown dramatically due to the kindness of the polocrosse fraternity.
"When someone is down, people seem to help lift them up, which is very evident from the response we have had and Alex and her husband Terrance are eternally grateful and humbled by all of this," he said.
"Graphic designer and polocrosse player Lucy Grills has been a great help with the auction."
Offers for auction lots are welcome beforehand to Davison on 0418 729 276.
The Warwick Polocrosse Club plans to raise $8500 from a raffle of $50 tickets with all proceeds to Alex.
Tickets from Robyn Fraser on 0419 781 363.
Under the hammer
Items up for auction - 6.30pm tonight before night polocrosse action:
- Berragoon Percussion Embryo donated by Charlie & Sarah Grills
- Roxy Embryo don by Russell, Kate, Matt, Byron & Brandon Davison
- Stallion service fees - Berragoon Expose don by Grills family
- Star Brigadoon don by Justin & Lyndal Hafey
- Jaylyn Downs One Direction don by J & L Hafey
- Minstril 2 don by Steph Thorsby
- Soda Revelation don by Steve & Wonda Collins
- Hayden Redraw don by Jodi Ezzy
- Hawthorne Rush don by Kent & Libby Wells
- Yearling colt - don by Keith & Christie Hunt, JH Stock Horses NSW
- Breaking in - don by Zac Cochrane & Steph Edwards
- Saddle - don by Australian Stockmens saddlery, Craig & Kris Pommeroy
- 1500l diesel - don by IOR Petroleum Energy
- NSW rugby jersey - don by NSW Polocrosse Association
- Two-night holiday @ Noosa - don by Simon Morriss
- 30 bales barley hay - don by Craig & Erica Buchannan
- Pallet Pony pellets - don by Robert& Jody Austin
- Horse dentistry x eight horses - don by Merv Mangan
- Canvas Polox Print - don by Lauren Cant & Chris Sillitoe
- Peter Moody Pack - don by Peter Moody
- Stockhorse bridle and reins - don by Edwards Saddleworld, Ros & Rex Lipp
- Ro's Horse Transport voucher @ $200 - don by Rowan & Annie Whinton
- Horse rug - Warm Blood Society
- Equine spreader bar