STANDINGS leader Fred Osman will start favourite for the bareback bronc ride at the Warwick Rodeo this weekend.
He is from Gore, west of Warwick, but recently has based himself in Broken Hill to operate a contract mustering business.
Osman has won the most money in the bareback in the Australian Professional Rodeo Association this season and is favourite to win the pro tour which will be decided on April 30.
One of his recent wins was at last month's Tamworth Pro Rodeo when he scored 78 to win from Darren Clarke, of Quirindi, and Wade Clifford, of Gunnedah, who each scored 77.
The best rough stock riders in the nation will be in Warwick from Friday - Oxley (Victoria) cowboy Brad Pierce, the current APRA standings leader in the bull ride and all around standings, and Wandoan rider Cameron Webster who is just in front of Pierce in saddle bronc standings.
The leaders in the standings might be in form but nothing is certain at the most famous rodeo in Australia.
Rough stock and timed events start on Friday night.
There will be more rodeo action on Saturday with more rodeo action at night.
The final rodeo action will be on Sunday with finals in the afternoon.
There are 583 nominations for the rodeo, including 60 in the open bull ride and 50 in saddle bronc.
- Bull ride/all-around: Brad Pierce (Oxley, Vic)
- Saddle bronc: Cameron Webster (Wandoan, Qld)
- Bareback: Fred Osman (Gore, Qld)
- Steer wrestling/rope and tie: Shane Iker (Alton Downs, Qld)
- Team roping heeler: Brendan Kenny (Springsure, Qld)
- Team roping header: Garry McPhee (Lurg, Vic)
- All-around cowgirl: Adele Edwards (Gundagai, NSW)
- Barrel race: Leslie Moore (Denman, NSW)
- Breakaway roping: Kerry Turner (Charlwood, Qld)