THEY say lightning doesn't struck twice but for one Warwick family it has, with a devastating house fire following the tragic loss of their six-year-old daughter in January this year.
The family escaped unharmed but the home is unliveable because of major damage.
Ray White Rural Warwick principal Peter Lane confirmed the agency was negotiating alternative accommodation for the tenants.
A spokeswoman from Queensland Fire and Emergency Services said the investigation had determined the fire was accidental.
"The fire was caused by a radio-controlled car battery that was charging in the garage," she said.
The extreme heat and water has damaged some of the tenants' property, with water also entering the two neighbouring homes.
A concerned resident said the family may be in need of assistance, with shopping vouchers being the most convenient to be used for the replacement of food, kitchen items and some clothes. "If everyone dropped in even a couple of dollars I'm sure it would help," the woman said.
Principal Peter Lane said they were happy to accept donations for the family.
"They are great people who have been going through the very expensive process of applying for permanent residency in Australia," property manager Andrew Dunn said.
Mr Dunn said the family's church had also been of great assistance to them.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.