AFTER six weeks of practice for three days of competing, Garland house took out the top spot at Warwick East State School's athletics carnival.
Athletics co-ordinator Trevor Nelson said he was pleased with all students' hard work over the three-day carnival.
"A big congratulations to all the children on their efforts," Nelson said.
Age champions on the day included - 9 years: Todd Payne and Tenesha Russell, 10 years: Kyle Piovesan and Hayley Carey, 11 years: Devon Cooper and Elizabeth Mullis, 12 years: Todd Constable and Alexis Carey and 13 years: Joel Rickert and Ashleigh Browne.
Nikki Burraston was awarded the Marty Harris Encouragement Award and will have her name engraved in a plaque to be kept in the school foyer.
The final tally was Garland on 861, Harwood on 816 and Quinn on 670 points.
- 9 years: Jack Bergemann and Kyarnee King-Taylor
- 10 years: Dawson Wright and Tiarna King
- 11 years: Alexander Dwan and Isabella Balloch
- 12 years: James Wallace and Malikah Woodbridge
- 13 years: Lachlan Moore and Julia Walker
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.