It's the start of a new school year. You are back to the daily routine of classes and activities but have you got back into the swing of completing homework regularly, doing assignments and fine-tuning your study habits? It's not always easy to be motivated to complete your homework or to cope with the extra workload so here are some helpful hints on how to deal with it.
Homework doesn't have to be a struggle. Here are some useful tips on how to make homework less stressful.
- Complete your homework in a suitable work area that is quiet, well lit and has adequate space.
- Limit the distractions and background noise.
- Be organised and manage your time by planning a schedule. Take into account after school activities and other commitments.
- Use a positive approach and ask for help if you need it.
- Understand what tasks need to be completed and what is expected.
- Reward yourself when you have completed all your homework.
Save yourself headaches and stress. Become organised and use your time more wisely by following some of these strategies.
- Create a "to do" list.
- Write down all homework tasks first, chores, special activities and free time activities.
- Decide how much time each task needs.
- Break the tasks into smaller chunks.
- Cross off tasks as they are completed.
- Take pride in finishing your work and being organised.
- Prepare for school the night before.
- Keep a notebook or a calendar.
QUIZ TIME ANSWERS
1. 11 2. An Australian Flag 3. Fresh Produce
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.