ABOUT 105 people are confirmed dead and almost as many are missing after a river ferry with 350 people aboard broke apart in a storm and sank in northeast India, police say.
"Rescue workers along with villagers have recovered about 105 bodies from the shores of the river," PC Haloi, police chief of Dhubri district, from where the ferry set out, told AFP on Monday.
Read more at Brisbane Times
- Truss to consider Coast to Bundaberg highway
- Opera at the Channon raises funds and smiles in the sun
- Thieves smash window to steal cash from video store
- Missing man found after five days lost in remote bushland
- Luxury fashion retailer partners with Hamo for Race Week
- Grilled koala survives hit, then 88km ride to Gympie