Entertainment

John Travolta accuser drops claim

John Travolta
John Travolta Bang Showbiz

A MAN who filed sexual battery charges against John Travolta has filed papers to dismiss the case.

The masseur - who has been named only as John Doe #1 - had originally accused the actor of assaulting him on January 16 at the Beverly Hills hotel but made an application in California yesterday morning (15.05.12) to have the lawsuit dismissed.

>> More entertainment news

John feels ''completely vindicated'' after the sexual battery charges against him were dropped.

The 'Pulp Fiction' star had vehemently denied allegations against him made by two masseurs and, after the first complainant applied to have the charges he filed dismissed, the actor is expecting his second accuser to follow suit.

John's lawyer, Marty Singer, told TMZ: ''My client is completely vindicated by Doe #1 dropping his claims and dismissing his lawsuit.

''We fully expect that my client will similarly be vindicated with respect to Doe #2, as well as with respect to any other person who makes meritless claims against John Travolta.''

Despite Mr. Singer's comments, the second man's lawyer Okorie Okorocha - who had dropped the first masseur as a client when he claimed he had the date of the alleged assault wrong after Travolta was able to prove he was elsewhere - has said his client has no intention of dropping his allegations.

Acting for John Doe #2, Okorie Okorocha said: ''Believe me, he's not going anywhere. He was really traumatised by this.

''He went to the doctor for anxiety. This is somebody in the south, not Beverly Hills.

"When a brother is going to the doctor for anxiety, it has to be pretty bad.''

John's lawyer has denied the allegations against him, including the claims of a third man, Chilean-born Fabian Zanzi who alleged the actor ''hugged'' him, asked for a massage and offered him $12,000 for sex while Fabian was working on the Royal Caribbean cruise ship in 2009.

Fabian - who was in charge of taking care of VIP guests on the boat - says he refused John's offer.

Topics:  john travolta, sexual assault



Last day for free holiday fun

Carly Cooper helps Erika Stockell building towers.

TOMORROW is the last day to give the kids some free holiday fun.

Cause of Warwick car fire revealed

Fire investigations have revealed the unusual cause of the fire.

Disruptions at major Warwick intersection

Police on traffic control at major Warwick intersection.

Disruptions at major Warwick major intersection.

Local Partners

9000 reasons to support our community clubs

Community clubs are good at what they do. They are not so good at telling the world about what they do, as Clubs Queensland CEO Doug Flockhart explains.


Cliff Richard to release 101st album

Sir Cliff Richard's album cover

Sir Cliff Richard is to release his 101st album

CMC Rocks faces fan backlash over date change, headliners

The 10th annual CMC Rocks festival will be headlined by The Dixie Chicks.

FANS are not happy about festival being pushed back by two weeks.

Kim Kardashian West attacked by man trying to kiss her bottom

Vitalii Sediuk targeted Gigi Hadid last week

Madonna poses naked in solidarity with Katy Perry

Madonna posted her own nude selfie on Instagram

Carlos Santana added to Bluesfest 2017 line up

Carlos Santana at Bluesfest 2013.

Calling all local black magic women

Disney to remake 'The Lion King', and it's live-action

The Lion King is coming back to movie theatres

And this time it's going to be live-action.

$40million hotel, shops development project for Mackay

Mt Pleasant hotel and retirement accommodation, proposed at 194-202 Malcomson St.

$40m development to take Mackay to 'the next level'

Rural properties expected to soar as investors seek income

Rural properties are should become highly sought after

Property 200m from ocean selling for just over $100K

BEACHCOMBER PARK: Work has started on a new $19.2 million development at Toogoom.

The estate's developer is offering huge discounts for early buyers.

UPDATE: Former rodeo champ's sale rained out, now back on

Larkhill local Ken Consiglio is having an auction of most of the things on his property.

'People kept showing up and we had to turn them away'

First stages of $25 million housing development underway

New development on Madsen Rd - The Springs.

The blocks of land are much bigger than usual

Couple build their own 'tiny house' for $45k

Holly Bowen and Oli Bucher built their "tiny house" themselves, only hiring a plumber and an electrician. Photo/supplied

The house, which is built on a trailer and can be towed.