LABOR is claiming a victory in the South Brisbane by-election while the LNP is awaiting the results of postal votes.
Labor candidate Jackie Trad had 32.93% of primary votes compared to LNP candiate Clem Grehan's 37.90%.
But Labor is confident it will secure enough preference votes for Greens candiate Jo Bragg to retain the seat, formely occupied by Anna Bligh.
- Truss to consider Coast to Bundaberg highway
- Opera at the Channon raises funds and smiles in the sun
- Thieves smash window to steal cash from video store
- Missing man found after five days lost in remote bushland
- Luxury fashion retailer partners with Hamo for Race Week
- Grilled koala survives hit, then 88km ride to Gympie