A PREGNANT woman has stood by the man jailed for holding her hostage and torturing her in a four-day "reign of terror" in Roma.
The 26-year-old man was found guilty after a trial at Roma of breaking her arm and then orally raping her when she tried to escape between August 15 to 19, 2010.
The jury also found him guilty of torturing her - by punching, choking, throwing items, spitting and menacing her with a knife - and leaving her with bruises all over her body.
But they acquitted the man - who cannot be named to protect the woman's identity - of penile rape and wilful damage.
Crown prosecutor Noel Needham told Brisbane District Court on Thursday said there had been a history of domestic violence in the "tumultuous relationship".
He said the man's parents had to step in to help the woman leave their home.
"From Sunday night through to Thursday, she was subjected to physical, verbal, emotional and psychological abuse," he said.
"This episode of offending was particularly cruel and deliberate.
"(The victim) stated that 'he nearly killed me, he was standing on my neck and I was struggling to breathe'.
"She felt trapped by him and was unable to leave the house.
"She was directly under the control of (the man)."
Defence barrister Geoff Seaholme said his client's actions were out of character and part of a "drug-induced psychosis".
He said his client was still in a relationship with the woman until he was jailed again after trial last month, noting they had sexual intercourse during the trial.
The man claimed the house was unlocked and his partner could have left the house at any time.
Judge David Searles sentenced him to six years jail.
The man, who has already served more than 17 months behind bars since the incident, is eligible for parole in May, 2014.
Judge Searles said this four-day "reign of terror" left a "truly despicable stain" on the man's life.
He said the man began drinking alcohol at age 12, using marijuana at age 13, amphetamines at 14 to 15 and crystal at 17.