EDUCATION, QBuild and community sectors are next in the firing line for state government job cuts, believes Together Queensland lead organiser for Southern Queensland Dennis Mullins.
Premier Campbell Newman may not be able to determine who will lose their government jobs in the Southern Downs, but Mr Mullins said his members had spoken and while temporary contractors were already facing the sack, they were not the only ones in the firing line.
"The first department we believe they're going to attack is education, QBuild and then communities," Mr Mullins said.
He predicted a number of permanent public servant jobs to be axed within six months and further contractors to lose their jobs with in the next four weeks.
But, Mr Mullins said an even bigger issue lurked beneath the state government's slashing spree.
"They're not just losing their jobs, they're being lost from our community."
"When you take a town like Warwick, which is quite a big public service town, by the time you add up the coppers, nurses, ambos and schools, it works out to be about one in 10 Warwick wage earners earn money from the government sector.
"If they lose their job, they'll probably leave the region and if they leave, which we've found in other regional and rural areas, they don't come back," Mr Mullins said.
Mr Mullins has seen his fair share of workers dramas, but said this was at the top of the ladder.
"It makes me sick to the stomach. It's the most awful thing I have seen in 40 years," he said.
Mr Mullins slammed the government for going back on its promises made earlier this year that job cuts would not be forced on workers.
"He said it on film, he said it in writing and he said it in person, but sadly they've already started to break that promise," Mr Mullins said.
Mr Newman said it was difficult to provide an accurate figure on the number of job losses in the Southern Downs and called on the unions to work with the government, not against them. Public servants are set to rally outside State Parliament on July 16.