VIRGIN Australia has launched a new business class on domestic flights to Hamilton Island, enabling travellers to enjoy premium perks on the hop to the Great Barrier Reef for the first time in eight years.
The new service will help to enhance Hamilton Island's world-class offering as a regular host to high-profile celebrities and special events, which include the Great Barrier Feast culinary weekends, Audi Hamilton Island Race Week and the Australian Ballet's 'Pas de Deux in Paradise' performance under the stars at luxury qualia.
Hamilton Island chief executive Glenn Bourke said: "We applaud Virgin Australia's new business class offering to Hamilton Island. The service complements our recent significant investment in luxury tourism and will be well received by our guests staying at qualia and the Hamilton Island Yacht Club Villas."
Features of the new business class include luxury leather seating, Luke Mangan designed gourmet menus, international-style cosmetic amenity kits, priority check-in/boarding and complimentary access to Virgin Australia's lounges.
Business class guests travelling from Sydney with carry-on bags only can also take advantage of the premium entry and optional valet carparking at Domestic Terminal 2, direct curbside access and direct entry to the lounge via a dedicated security screening point and check-in desk. The Sydney Lounge Premium Entry offers an experience of ease and exclusivity without having to enter the main departure hall.
Business class features include:
• Luxury leather seating with 62" seat pitch on the Airbus A330; and 38" seat pitch on the Boeing 737
• International style amenity kits with Australian organic cosmetics by GROWN
• Coat check-in service with complimentary coat bag
• Newspapers until noon daily
• Renowned Australian chef, Luke Mangan, designed gourmet dining experience
• Premium Australian wines, beers, and spirit selection
• Priority security screening, boarding and baggage service where available
Once on Hamilton Island, visitors can choose from five resort accommodation choices including the award-winning qualia, the luxury Yacht Club villas, plentiful dining options and over 60 activities. Hamilton Island is easily accessible from major East Coast cities in Australia in less than three hours.