TWO people were lucky to escape unhurt from a fire that destroyed their Clintonvale home Monday night.
A Queensland Fire and Rescue Service (QFRS) spokesman said the two people had been at home, but managed to get out of the house.
"QFRS took the call at 11.52pm," he said.
The spokesman said the building was burning fiercely by the time the two fire crews from Warwick arrived.
Captain Ian Niebling attended the fire and said that because of the distance the crews had to travel - about 20km from Warwick - and the speed with which the fire caught hold, there was no chance of saving it.
"We could see the glow from the Eight Mile which indicated it was well and truly going," he said.
"It was just good they were out and accounted for."
The QFRS spokesman said only hours later there was another alarm - this time at the southern end of the region at 7.25am.
"There was one at Amiens at Minasi Lane (pictured right). QPS made the call. There was a structure on fire and one Stanthorpe crew responded," he said.
But there was little to be done for the shed.
Owner Barry Vincent said it was being used as a home and was rented by a man who was in the process of moving out.
But in a case of poor timing for the renter, most of his possessions were still in the shed and were lost in the fire, although the man was unhurt.
"I was amazed at the damage," Mr Vincent said.
"But that's life, there's not much you can do about it.
"I couldn't believe the heat coming off it."
While fire season is yet to even start, two fires follow on from blazes at Deuchar and Hendon in recent weeks.
A QFRS fire investigator said the cause of the Hendon fire last week, which destroyed a home, was as yet undetermined.