Terms and Conditions
Warwick Daily News_Win a Day at Spicers
- By entering this competition, contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be permanent Australian residents of Queensland residing in the distribution area of the Newspaper publication through which they are entering.
- Contestants must be aged 18 years and over to be eligible to enter.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The Promoter is Warwick Newspapers Pty Ltd, 50 Albion Street, Warwick Qld 4370. ABN: 90 009 657 416.
- To enter, Contestants must enter on-line at www.warwickdailynews.com.au/competitions, fully completing the entry form as required then submit their entry.
- Entries open online at 6:00am September 3, 2016.
8. There is no cost to enter the competition; however internet connection and usage rates may apply. Contestants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers. The Promoter is not and will not be liable for any such costs.
9. Entries must be received during the Promotion Period (see Clause 12). The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or any delays or failure in any telecommunications service or equipment.
10. The Promoter may reject an entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that the Entry has been entered using false information or via automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
11. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare an Entry made by a contestant invalid if the contestant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submit an Entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
12. The competition commences at 6:00am Saturday September 3, 2016 and closes at 5:00pm Sunday September 18, 2016 (Promotion Period). Entries received after the promotion period will be deemed invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
13. One Major Winner chosen by electronic random draw from all entries received. The winner will receive:
- One Day Spa/Lunch Gift Certificate for two (2) people at Spicers Peak Lodge, Maryvale Qld; includes
- 60 minute relaxation massage.
- 3 course set lunch and a glass of champagne for 2 people.
- Champagne with Lunch is available to guests 18 years of age and over only.
- The Gift Certificate is subject to availability and booking conditions may apply.
- The winner should contact Spicers Peak Lodge for terms and conditions.
- The Gift Certificate is valid Friday to Sunday, excluding public holidays.
- The Gift Certificate expires on December 31, 2016 and cannot be extended.
- The Gift Certificate cannot be redeemed for cash.
- The Gift Certificate may not be redeemable at all Spicers properties.
- Lost or stolen Gift Certificates cannot be replaced.
- When booking, the winner must quote the Gift Certificate number.
- The Gift Certificate is subject to standard property cancellation policies.
- The winner must collect their prize by 5:00pm Monday October 31, 2016.
- If the prize remains uncollected, the prize will be entered into an Uncollected Prize Redraw and a winner drawn randomly as per these Terms and Conditions at 10:00am Tuesday November 1, 2016.
- The total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $550.00 (incl. of GST).
14. All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
15. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner.
16. The prize is not transferrable and cannot be sold or exchanged for cash.
17. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may at its absolute discretion substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
ELIGIBILITY AND LIMITATIONS
18. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
19. All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
20. The prize winner will be selected via an electronic random draw at the Warwick Daily News office, 50 Albion Street, Warwick, Qld on Monday September 19, 2016 at 10:00am and the prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. The winner will be contacted by telephone.
21. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. Winner’s details will be published in the Warwick Daily News on Wednesday September 21, 2016.
23. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
24. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
25. Prizes must be claimed in person from the newspaper publication they have entered through and Government issued photo ID is required to confirm identity and residential address.
26. Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
27. Contestants under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian to collect the prize on their behalf.
28. Prizes must be collected within 90 days of notification to the winner (unless otherwise specified).
29. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
30. The Contestant grants these rights to the Promoter which are perpetual and acknowledges that the Contestant will not receive any payment, royalty or other consideration (whether monetary or otherwise) from the Promoter in connection with the making, use or storage of the Content.
31. If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), subject to any relevant lotteries and gaming authority regulation’s, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Competition.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY
32. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for:
i) Any error, omission, interruption or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by The Promoter or any Contestant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise;
ii) Any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications;
iii) Any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition;
iv) Any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise);
33. All of the Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into. If for any reason any element of the Prize becomes available or not capable of being delivered to the Winner for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter will have no obligation to provide a similar prize to the Winner or otherwise compensate the Winner in any way.
34. All Contestants enter the competition at their own risk and the Winner accepts the Prize at his or her own risk. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (“the Relevant Parties”) exclude all liability for and indemnify the Promoter in respect of any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Contestant in connection with the Competition or Prize, including, without limitation:
- Any indirect, economic or consequential loss;
- Any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party;
- Any liability for personal injury or death.
35. All Contestants consent, by entering the Competition to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in any media at any time or times without compensation, financial or otherwise, for the purpose of promoting this Competition, the Promoter and/or any of the Promoter’s products and services.
PRIVACY DISCLOSURE AND CONSENT TO USE INFORMATION
36. The Contestant acknowledges and permits the Promoter during and after the Competition to:
- Collect, store, handle, access, manage, transfer, uses and disclose personal information about the Contestant, including name, suburb, age and image, in connection with the Content. This includes transmission outside of Australia.
- The Contestant may revoke its consent to this clause at any time upon written notice to the Promoter, however existing uses of the images and recordings will not be impacted by this revocation or withdrawal of consent;
- Contact the Contestant for any reason related to the Competition or other activities of the Promoter.
37. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
39. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.