Allora goes drafting
GLENMORGAN campdrafter Michael Hayes was the major winner at the annual Allora and District Campdraft Association event at the weekend.
He won the maiden B and restricted open and was pushed into second by Allora rider Michael Dwan in maiden A.
St George rider Buddy Tattam won the open and it was Warwick rider Aaron Williamson on the victory dias in the novice.
There was a four-way tie on 173 before Williamson ended the likelihood of a run-off to win by one in the second-last run.
Reigning Warwick Gold Cup champion Michael Hiscock, of Maffra, Victoria, judged three of the classes and yesterday put on a coaching clinic for 20 campdrafters at Allora.
At the event, association president Glenn Evans donated a defibrillator to the Queensland Fire and Rescue Service, Allora station, for the use of the Allora community.
- Open draft - Buddy Tattam (St George) on Station Masters Girlfriend 178
- Novice - Aaron Williamson (Warwick) on Bow 174
- Maiden A - Michael Dwan (Allora) riding Brown Two Way 257 in run off with Michael Hayes (Glenmorgan) on Wader Man 189
- Maiden B - Michael Hayes (Glenmorgan) on Connor 256 in run off with Ben Wade (Roma) on Jackie 194
- Restricted open - 1st Michael Hayes (Glenmorgan) on Delacy 90, 2nd Aaron Williamson (Warwick) Doves Destiny 89, 3rd Kevin Ryan (Clintonvale) on Bred In The Red 88
- Encouragement - Ellie McKenna on Justify 83
- Juvenile - Jack Hayes (Glenmorgan) on Phil 107
- Junior - John Schuman (Aratula) on Sheedy's Indiana 101 after run off with Thomas Wells (Goondiwindi) on Convert 100.