Race fever descends
By CASANDRA GARVEY
MELBOURNE Cup fever is in the air as stores display their latest Fashions on the Field looks.
A colourful outfit, matching hat, shoes, handbag and accessories are vital for the various event luncheons held on Cup day throughout the region.
Warwick Classic Dimensions owner Robyn Fraser said dressing up for the occasion was something a lot of ladies looked forward to and had already begun preparations.
"We've had a number of hats sold already," Mrs Fraser said.
Melbourne Cup Day events:
- Bryson's Place breakfast from 6.45am. $15 per person. Bookings 4661. 4308.
- Rupert's Bar and Grill fashion parade, three-course meal and competitions. From midday. $39.90 per person. Bookings 4660. 2100.
- Darling Downs Hotel raising money for the restoration of the Pratten Hall. From 11.30am. $15 a person. Bookings 4661. 3413.
- Emu Vale Memorial Hall sweeps, prizes, lunch and more. From 10.30am. Bookings 4664. 8083.
- Warwick RSL buffet, best-dressed competitions and live entertainment. From 11.30am. $19.50 per person. Bookings 4661. 1229.
For more Melbourne Cup events, see the WOW gig guide on page 14.