The doors of the Warwick Daily News, located at the paper’s former premises, Bryson’s Place.
The doors of the Warwick Daily News, located at the paper’s former premises, Bryson’s Place.

Appropriate setting for reunion

THE words “Warwick Daily News 1919” are stamped on the doors, marking the start of publication of the daily newspaper, forged by the merger of the Warwick Argus and Warwick Examiner and Times.

Soon the room will be filled with people who may not have worked in the Palmerin Street building but who have helped produce the Daily News in the 20th and 21st centuries.

A Past and Present Employees’ Reunion (PAPER) for people who worked on the newspaper or for the commercial and jobbing departments will be held in The Print Room, Bryson’s Place, on the evening of Saturday, May 22.

Reunion participants will have an opportunity to visit the new Kenilworth Street premises of APN Print before the dinner.

Unfortunately, a current database of former staff members does not exist so people who wish to receive an invitation should contact Sandy Klaus on tsklaus@bigpond.com.



Two people injured after Southern Downs crash

Two people injured after Southern Downs crash

Emergency services called to the New England Highway outside Warwick

Wedding crasher: Warwick buggy mishap turns into viral hit

Wedding crasher: Warwick buggy mishap turns into viral hit

A cheeky groomsman makes wedding day even more memorable

How Aboriginal trackers helped find 3yo Aurora in bush

How Aboriginal trackers helped find 3yo Aurora in bush

Traditional owners the first point of call for desperate grandmother

Local Partners