Morris brothers to face each other in cricket finals
IT WILL be two Morris brothers in one Allora team against one in another when Warwick cricket finals start at the weekend.
In the knockout finals, Maryvale Condamine will meet RSL Diggers in A grade and Allora will play Allora Railway Hotel Rascals in reserve grade.
Tom Morris will play two finals games of cricket on the one day, one in the Warwick under-15 grand final on Saturday morning and another for Rascals on Saturday afternoon at Allora.
His older brothers Joe (Rascals) and Nick (Allora) are in the teams but will face a balancing act as they also play rugby league for the Wattles under-18 side which will meet Warwick on the same afternoon.
Tom said he saw it as a challenge to play against his brother Nick.
"I got him out in the first game but he hasn't got me out yet this season," Tom said.
"We are improving all the time and have a really good chance in the semi."
Tom top scored with 16 for his side against Wheatvale on Saturday and scored 27 in his side's first game this season against Allora.
After a tie for second on the points table, Wheatvale secured second on a countback from Maryvale and a second chance in the finals series.
Maryvale is in the minor and knockout semi on Sunday at Mayhew Oval.
If the wet weather hits Warwick in the next few weeks, the teams higher on the table have the advantage as the top teams will always advance in the event of a washout. There is only one provision for a replay. Grand finals can be transferred from the Saturday to Sunday on the March 29-30 weekend if required.
Warwick Hotel Colts have won the minor premiership in A grade after being out of the top four early in the season.
- Colts 67
- Wheatvale 64 (net run rate 22.43)
- Maryvale 64 (17.82)
- RSL Diggers 61 (all A grade)
- Inglewood 50
- Sovereign 34
- Allora 29
- Allora Rascals 28 (all reserve)
- Saturday 12.30pm: Reserve grade minor semi - Allora v Allora Rascals at Allora - 40 overs a side
- Sunday, all 10.30am, all 50 overs a side
- Reserve grade major semi - Inglewood v Sovereign Animals at Queens Park Turf
- A grade major semi - Warwick Hotel Colts v Wheatvale at Slade Park
- A grade minor semi - Maryvale Condamine v RSL Diggers at Mayhew Oval
- Sunday, March 23 - Preliminary finals
- Saturday, March 29 - Grand finals