Beachmere man to face court on child abduction charges

A MAN will face Maroochydore Magistrates court today charged with child abduction following an incident at Nanango earlier in the week.

It was alleged a 25-year old man has attended a residence in Elk St Nanango on Monday night and following an argument with a woman has left the scene with her car and a three-year-old child.

It is alleged he told the woman he was going to attend another address in Nanango and return.

The woman contacted police after she found the man had not attended the address and was unable to contact him.

A police spokesman said they intercepted the man in the stolen car with the child on a south-bound on-ramp to the Bruce Highway at Caboolture yesterday morning.

The man was arrested by police and taken to the Caboolture watchhouse.

The child was found to be unharmed and was reunited with his mother.

A 25-year-old Beachmere man was charged with one count each of child abduction, contravention of a domestic violence order, unlawful use of a motor vehicle, possession of dangerous drugs and driving without a licence.

He is due to appear in the Maroochydore Magistrates Court today.



Asbestos scare spreads to primary school

Asbestos scare spreads to primary school

The number of children with possible exposure to asbestos grows

Subbies target Turnbull over $15b payment ripoff

premium_icon Subbies target Turnbull over $15b payment ripoff

Why building subbies aim to target marginal seats

Warwick's new age care facility rolls out the welcome mat

premium_icon Warwick's new age care facility rolls out the welcome mat

A sneak peak into Warwick's latest aged care campus.

Local Partners