How to beat boredom during National Youth Week
BOREDOM isn't an option these school holidays with National Youth Week celebrations bringing 10 days of fun activities across the Rose City.
This year's National Youth Week celebrations are a joint venture of the Southern Downs Regional Council, Southern Downs Industry Education Association and Headspace Warwick.
Starting today, National Youth Week promotes the Our Voice, Our Impact message with a variety of activities including:
- Today: Blue Light Disco at 6pm in the Youth Space in Leslie Park. Admission $5
- Today: WOW Connect Premiere at the Belle Vue Cafe in Warwick. Tickets $20
- Tomorrow: Youth Concert in the Stanthorpe Piazza from 9.30am. Free admission.
- Sunday: Discount movie tickets at Warwick Twin Cinema for Captain America evening session. $5 for 15- to 25-year-olds.
- Monday: Free digital movie and photography workshop, 10am at the Warwick Library meeting room.
- Tuesday: Free digital movie and photography workshop,10am at the Stanthorpe Civic Centre.
- Tuesday: Voyage Fitness $5 gym pass day. Discounted all-day gym entry for people aged 12-25 years.
- Wednesday: Pilates/yoga fitness classes in the Youthspace in Leslie Park from 9.15am. Free for 12- to 25-year-olds.
- Thursday: Laser skirmish at Warwick High School at 6.30pm. Limit of 40 people. Phone Headspace today. Free for ages 12-25.
- April 11: Skating workshops at Goondiwindi PCYC. Bus departing from Warwick at 7.30am. Limited seats available. Phone SDIEA today. Free for ages 12-25.
- April 12: Free Warwick Youth Concert, 10am at the Youth Space in Leslie Park.
For more information on National Youth Week activities or events, phone council youth development office Hailey Cosh on 0428 730 688, SDIEA on 4666 9218 or Headspace Warwick on 4661 1999.