QFES reveals cause of Warwick shed fire
UPDATE 8AM: FIREFIGHTERS took just over half an hour to contain and extinquish the fire that tore through a shed on Redgwell St yesterday afternoon.
According to a spokeswoman for the Queensland Fire and Emergency Services the cause of the fire was accidental.
She said the male occupant of the home had been welding in the shed and sparks caught fire on the old timber floor after he'd moved inside the home.
Crews left the scene at 4.09pm.
UPDATE 3.20PM: FIREFIGHTERS continue to battle the blaze at the property on Redgwell St, working fast to ensure neighbouring structures aren't affected.
Passerby Tammy Clarkson panicked when she saw thick, black smoke rising from the back yard of the affected property.
Ms Clarkson said she yelled down driveways and knocked door to door in a desperate attempt to alert neighbours.
"No one was answering!" she said.
Finally, after a number of attempts, the occupants of the property answered their front door. A woman told Ms Clarkson she heard the loud popping noise and smelled the smoke but dismissed it because she didn't think it was coming from her yard.
According to Ms Clarkson, the male occupant was seen welding near the shed earlier that day.
The affected shed is 9X6 metres.
UPDATE 3PM: NO one has been reported injured at the shed fire on Redgwell St in Warwick, according to a spokeswoman from the Queensland Ambulance Service.
Paramedics are standing by to assist should conditions worsen.
Bystanders have reported a woman was seen safely exiting the home on the property.
A spokesman for the Queensland Fire and Emergency Services said three fire crews are on scene extinguishing the blaze.
"They are in action, fighting it now," he said.
"If there are nearby buildings we will be protecting those as well."
Ergon Energy arrived at the property to ensure safe conditions for firefighters.
EARLIER: FIREFIGHTERS have been called to home on Redgwell St in Warwick this afternoon.
Warwick Fire Station was called at 2.40pm after the shed on the property went up in flames.
Two police units are already in attendance.
More to come.