Dead rat may have caused Bilo kitchen fire

UPDATE (2.51PM): A QAS spokeswoman said no patients required transport to Biloela Hospital and no fire was reported at the residence. 

A QFES spokesman said there were unconfirmed reports the smoke may have been caused by a rat that was caught in the appliance. 

ORIGINAL (2.35PM): FIRE and emergency services are currently on scene at a kitchen fire in Biloela.

Crews were called to Biloela-Callide Road about 2.30pm.

It is believed the fire was caused by smoke coming from a kitchen stove.

More to come.



How ‘abnormally’ hot it’s going to get today

How ‘abnormally’ hot it’s going to get today

Records are expected to shatter across the country over coming days

The ‘unsuitable’ people being given gun licences

Premium Content The ‘unsuitable’ people being given gun licences

Even a murderer who shot their victim can obtain a gun licence

NEW SITE: Plans advance for Warwick Saleyards facelift

Premium Content NEW SITE: Plans advance for Warwick Saleyards facelift

Industry heavyweights throw weight behind proposal for new site, but potential...