Facebook prompts teen to jump KFC counter, punch worker
A TEENAGER is alleged to have jumped the counter at a KFC restaurant and punched a worker.
Laidley police officers were called to the Plainland Travel Centre about 3.15pm yesterday.
Officer-in-charge Senior Sergeant Jim McDonald said a 17-year-old was eating at the Warrego Hwy rest stop when he recognised a staff member at KFC.
"He actually jumped the counter at KFC Plainland and assaulted a 19-year-old employee of KFC," Snr Sgt McDonald said.
- New deal locks in redevelopment of Toowoomba RSL
- Search for escapee accused of attempted rape delayed
- Virtual fight on Facebook leads to real stitches in the head
- CBD traders say there's no credible alternative to basins
- Drunk teens trash home, scatter into bush as police arrive
"He recognised him from Facebook and that he had some interaction with his ex-girlfriend."
The staff member was not injured.
Snr Sgt McDonald said the 17-year-old, from Mt Whitestone in the Lockyer Valley, was charged with trespass and causing a public nuisance.
He is due to appear in Gatton Magistrates Court on May 12.