BURNED: Noosa North Shore general store.
BURNED: Noosa North Shore general store. Wotif

Fat fire explodes burning man's hands and head

A MAN was hospitalised after receiving burns from a fire at Noosa North Shore overnight.

A male in his 30's sustained superficial burns to his hands and head after throwing water on a fat fire in a takeaway store.

Queensland Fire Emergency Services were called to the Beach Rd general store at 8pm last night where they put out the kitchen fire.

The man was transported to Sunshine Coast University Hospital in a stable condition, a Queensland Ambulance spokesperson said.



Where $200 tourism vouchers could go next

Premium Content Where $200 tourism vouchers could go next

The Palaszczuk government has left the door open to expanding its $200 voucher...

Stanthorpe celebrates buskers after tumultuous year

Premium Content Stanthorpe celebrates buskers after tumultuous year

After Covid stripped many musicians of an income, 2021 busking championships have...

MEGA GALLERY: Hundreds flock to 2021 Stanthorpe Rodeo

Premium Content MEGA GALLERY: Hundreds flock to 2021 Stanthorpe Rodeo

PHOTOS: A little rain didn’t deter eager rodeo enthusiasts from heading to check...