Fire in motel room quickly extinguished

A FIRE in a motel room at Stanthorpe was out when officers from the Queensland Fire and Rescue Service arrived on scene on Saturday night.

The call came in at 10.19pm Saturday to a motel in Pancor Rd.

It is believed wood beside a fireplace was burning but was put out before the QFRS arrived on scene. The fire fighters ventilated the room and left it in the hands of the manager.

The occupant was moved to another room at the motel.



QLD election: Where to vote this Saturday

QLD election: Where to vote this Saturday

QLD election day 2020: Full list of polling booths for Saturday 31

Dad’s desperate dash for drugs before border closure

Premium Content Dad’s desperate dash for drugs before border closure

Man busted with $700 worth of drugs after stocking up in NSW

Strawberry growers cop wild weather damage

Premium Content Strawberry growers cop wild weather damage

The spring rain has put Southern Downs growers in two minds, after much-needed rain...