Gas cylinder sparks fire on Southern Downs

FIRE crews were called out to a blaze reportedly started by a gas cylinder on the Southern Downs.

A domestic gas cylinder is understood to have sparked a small grassfire at Gordon Country in Goomburra at about 5.40 this evening.

Crews were called to help extinguish however a spokeswoman said the fire is now out.

The incident follows warning from QFES about the recent hot dry conditions increasing bushfire risk significantly around the Darling Downs.



One charged after violent outbreak in main street of Warwick

One charged after violent outbreak in main street of Warwick

Police investigations continue, others believed to be involved.

Man airlifted to Toowoomba after quad bike accident

Man airlifted to Toowoomba after quad bike accident

Man suffered injuries in a quad bike accident airlifted to hospital

STATE OF ORIGIN: 5 snacks to show where your loyalties lie

STATE OF ORIGIN: 5 snacks to show where your loyalties lie

WHAT will you be reaching for when the whistle blows?

Local Partners