Happy Easter to all our readers
THE Warwick Daily News would like to wish all our readers a very happy and safe Easter.
We hope your break is an enjoyable and rejuvenating one.
We also wish all the best to local sweet tooths who have survive the temptation of half-price chocolate next week as they brave the Easter fallout.
- The smell of chocolate increases theta brain waves, which then trigger relaxation.
- The word "chocolate" comes from the Aztec word, "xocolatl", which ironically means "bitter water".
- The biggest bar of chocolate ever made was created in 2000 and weighed 2268kg. Turin is the city in Italy that can be proud of this accomplishment.
- Chocolate manufacturers currently use 40% of the world's almonds and 20% of the world's peanuts.
- Every Russian and American space voyage has included choc-olate bars.
- On the fourth visit of Christopher Columbus to the Americas, he presented cocoa beans to the Spanish Court. King Ferdinand and Queen Isabelle were not impressed and dismissed the chocolate as bizarre tribal concoctions.