Brent Harvey set for another tribunal challenge

NORTH Melbourne's Brent Harvey will head back to the AFL tribunal this week to challenge a one-match ban for his hit on Joel Selwood in last week's semi-final, which would cost him a place in Friday night's preliminary final with the Sydney Swans.

Harvey (pictured), 36, only returned for the win over Geelong after serving a three-game suspension for misconduct, which forced him to miss the Kangaroos' elimination final victory over Essendon.

The on-baller was charged with a level-one rough conduct offence after the incident was assessed by the match review panel as negligent conduct (one point), low impact (one point) and high contact (two points). An early plea would reduce the sanction by 25% to 133.88 points, which would remain a one-week ban.

Even if the Kangaroos fail in a bid to overturn the decision at the AFL tribunal, Harvey is not risking missing any extra matches.

Sydney's Jarrad McVeigh said the Swans' star-studded forward line would be tough to stop, even for top-class defenders Scott Thompson and Nathan Grima.

Thompson held Lance Franklin to one behind in round four, the last time the teams met, when the Kangaroos won by 43 points.

But McVeigh said Franklin, Kurt Tippett and Adam Goodes, who is set for his 350th game, are primed to soar.

"They'll look to have a really good team defence on our guys, I'm sure," he said.

"But if we can get some good supply to those guys, it's hard to stop."



Redbacks out to restore pride in grand final rematch

Redbacks out to restore pride in grand final rematch

Redbacks will have the chance to redeem last year's grand final loss

Money trickles back to region's water tank investors

Money trickles back to region's water tank investors

Installing a new tank? Expect to get money back under scheme.

St Mark's community still growing after 150 years

St Mark's community still growing after 150 years

Warwick church rings in a special birthday with Queensland Governor

Local Partners