Helidon family loses everything in house fire
THE township of Helidon is in shock as it comes to terms with a terribly tragedy that has befallen a popular local young family, whose home was destroyed by fire on the weekend.
Brian and Lynne Fleming and their children were out visiting friends in Helidon on Saturday, when they heard the fire sirens.
Little did they know the firies were rushing to their house on Flagstone Creek Road and it was well ablaze by the time crews arrived.
The Flemings, who have five children including one special needs child lost everything in the fire.
That included all the children's Christmas presents, clothing, furniture, school clothes, television and computer. Unfortunately they were not insured
Lynne Fleming said it was hard for the children.
"The children don't understand they have lost their home and everything in it including all their presents and food for the festive season," Ms Fleming said.
"We have kept them from seeing it, as it would be too much for them to cope with.
"I am just so grateful none of us were hurt or worse."
If you want to help out the family, please contact Brian Fleming on 0423 234 079.