Historic Clifton pub damaged by power box fire

A HISTORIC pub has been partly damaged after a fire took hold in a power box last night.

Staff and guests were evacuated from the Club Hotel on King St at Clifton shortly after 11pm when the fire broke out in a power box fixed to the northern side of the building.

The power was disconnected as Queensland Fire and Emergency Services crews extinguished the blaze.

A QFES spokeswoman confirmed the fire was contained to the power box, but it is understood some of the inside of the hotel was smoke damaged.

A Queensland Ambulance spokesman said paramedics were on standby at the hotel but were not required to treat any patients at the scene.

The Club Hotel was built in 1889 and is the oldest hotel in the town south of Toowoomba.



Two people injured after Southern Downs crash

Two people injured after Southern Downs crash

Emergency services called to the New England Highway outside Warwick

Wedding crasher: Warwick buggy mishap turns into viral hit

Wedding crasher: Warwick buggy mishap turns into viral hit

A cheeky groomsman makes wedding day even more memorable

Warwick's Ross Fraser at pinnacle of trucking in Australia

Warwick's Ross Fraser at pinnacle of trucking in Australia

The Frasers director took out the industry's most prestigious award

Local Partners