How to make your child's every dream come true...
'I DON'T want to do fun things, Mum and Dad'… said no child ever!
Lucky for you, parents, if you've got an energetic little one who needs to burn up some energy, Brisbane is just the place.
Check out these awesome things to do with the kids in the river city:
1. Get out on the river: Riverlife offers a wide range of adventure activities to keep people of all ages busy. Try kayaking on the river, abseiling down the Kangaroo Point Cliffs or try riding a Segway.
2. Go for a dip at South Bank: The Boat Pool has reopened after renovation, Aquativity is ready for the kids, and Streets Beach is looking better than ever. Pop by South Bank for a free swim in the parklands.
3. Satisfy a need for speed: Take the kids go-karting at Slideways in Eagle Farm or Kingston Park Raceway in Logan and let them test their skills against each other and the clock.
4. All aboard the steam train: Choo choo! The Workshops Rail Museum is an award-winning interactive heritage and cultural experience located at Australia's oldest operating railway workshop. Tour the active heritage workshops in Ipswich and see the state's steam fleet being restored.
5. Challenge the kids to putt-putt: Take the kids to enjoy mini golf at Victoria Park in Herston. The premier golf course has a fantastic 18-hole course that weaves around rocky terrain, swinging poles, sand and water traps and more.
6. Take to the trees: At the TreeTop Challenge, the kids will have the ultimate adventure experience as they undertake the 100-plus TreeTop challenges spread over six huge courses, spanning through 10 acres of unspoilt natural bushland combining rope and wire challenges.
7. Get geeky: Let the kids run wild at the Queensland Museum's Sciencentre. It's totally hands-on and educational…but most importantly, a lot of fun.
8. X-Wing Tours, South Bank: Feel the wind through your hair as you glide around South Bank on X-Wing's "mini segways". Discover interesting facts about Brisbane while having fun.
9. Slickers horse riding at Kurwongbah: Just 45 minutes north of Brisbane, Slickers offers a range of trail-rides and camps suited to both beginners and experts. It's an experience the kids will never forget and suits all riding abilities.
10. Adventure at Moreton Island: Take the chance to spend a day or a weekend sandboarding, snorkelling, swimming and relaxing in paradise, just a 75-minute ferry trip from Brisbane.
And that's just the tip of the iceberg! Check out more fun things to do with the kids HERE.