Learn more about diabetes
A DIABETES information seminar will be held at the Warwick Hospital on Saturday and all interested in learning more about the condition are encouraged to attend.
Allora diabetes educator Liz Henry will chair the program and said it was a valuable opportunity for all.
"We are mainly aiming it at people who have type two diabetes and those who have been recently diagnosed, but all are welcome," Mrs Henry said.
Topics covered in the four-hour program include:
What is diabetes
- Healthy eating
- The importance of physical activity
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Setting health goals, and
- Learning who your allied health professionals are in the area.
- The program is a Diabetes Queensland initiative and will be in the education centre at the hospital.
- It kicks off at 9am and the cost is free.
- For more information or to confirm your place, phone Mrs Henry on 4666 3336.
- For information about Diabetes Queensland, visit diabetesqld.org.au.