Man to appear in court for spitting on police
A WARWICK man will appear in the city's Magistrates Court today charged with spitting on a police officer during an incident yesterday.
Police claim the 34-year-old man had been causing a public nuisance at Warwick Hospital Sunday afternoon and had allegedly been harassing ambulance officers and hospital staff.
Police arrived and arrested the man about 1.45pm but after being taken to the Warwick Police Station he had become aggressive.
It is alleged he spat into a police officer's mouth during the incident.
He was remanded in custody overnight and is due to appear in court this morning on charges of public nuisance and serious assault of police.
TOP STORIES ONLINE
- Mother charged after baby left in drain for five days
- Neighbours say shot man charged at police with 'pole'
- Girl, 4, almost drowns in swimming pool
- Quick action saves valuable wheat crop from fire
- Man loses home in suspicious late night blaze
- Moving tribute to inspirational rural firies leader
- Family recalls devoted pilot killed in gyrocopter crash