GAS EXPLOSION: Firefighters outside the Weewondilla Rd address.
GAS EXPLOSION: Firefighters outside the Weewondilla Rd address.

Man injured after barbecue ‘explosion’

UPDATE 2:45PM: THE man has been transported to Warwick Hospital in a stable condition. 

EARLIER: EMERGENCY services are investigating a Weewondilla Rd property this afternoon after a gas cylinder reportedly exploded, burning a Warwick man.

While paramedics are still treating the man on scene, a QAS spokesman confirmed the victim had minor facial and arm burns after the gas cylinder caught fire.

QFES arrived on the scene at 1.33pm

According to a QFES spokeswoman, the incident was allegedly caused by a small fire on a Webber barbecue.

"It looks like the cylinder was not fitted correctly," she said.

"It was due to no fault of the barbecue."

Investigations are continuing.



Pandemic fears plague Southern Downs poll booths

premium_icon Pandemic fears plague Southern Downs poll booths

SOME residents opt to “cop the fine” as health officials warn of danger.

SDRC ELECTION: Voters say it’s time for change

premium_icon SDRC ELECTION: Voters say it’s time for change

“Why would we vote them back in again?” Residents rally against previous...

SDRC ELECTION: Voices lost to coronavirus crisis

premium_icon SDRC ELECTION: Voices lost to coronavirus crisis

A SOUTHERN Downs woman speaks from compulsory self-isolation.