A house fire in Clyne St, Goondiwindi at 6am on Christmas morning has left the occupant Clinton Horridge with nothing but the clothes he was wearing.
A house fire in Clyne St, Goondiwindi at 6am on Christmas morning has left the occupant Clinton Horridge with nothing but the clothes he was wearing. Photo Contributed

Man left with just clothes after Christmas day house fire

A GOONDIWINDI man has lost everything in a devastating house fire this morning, after leaving his home to wish a friend a Merry Christmas.

Clinton Horridge, 40, was left with just the clothes he was wearing after the fire completely destroyed his Clyne St home at about 6am this morning.

It is believed the first started in Mr Horridge's bedroom from a cigarette that was not put out properly.

Mum Faye Horridge who also lives in Goondiwindi said he was exhausted and in shock.

"He has lost all of his possessions as well as an old Holden Ute he was doing up, there's nothing there now," she said.

"It started in the bedroom and just took off through the house, by the time the fire brigade got there it was destroyed."

Mrs Horridge said together they would struggle through Christmas and the New Year.

"I was a Queensland housing place he was in, so we will have to wait until after the holidays to find out what happens now," she said.

"He had all his Christmas shopping and everything in there."

If you are able to donate to the Horridge family, phone Mrs Horridge on 0419 768 710.



BREAKING: Residents without power as lines come down

BREAKING: Residents without power as lines come down

Ergon Energy and QFES crews are en route.

Court hears why 'mature' woman turned to illegal drugs

premium_icon Court hears why 'mature' woman turned to illegal drugs

Warwick woman pleads guilty to producing dangerous drug

WATCH: 'Never before seen' wildlife sight at Leslie Dam

WATCH: 'Never before seen' wildlife sight at Leslie Dam

'It was just amazing the amount of bird life out there.'

Local Partners