The aftermath of a blaze at a unit block on Mortimer Street, Caboolture.
The aftermath of a blaze at a unit block on Mortimer Street, Caboolture. Vicki Wood

Man pulled unconscious from burning unit at Caboolture

FIREFIGHTERS have pulled a man, unconscious and not breathing, from a blaze in a unit at Caboolture.

The man, in his 60s, suffered serious burns to most of his body in the fire early this morning.

Paramedics revived the man at the Mortimer Street apartment block before taking him to Caboolture Hospital.

A  woman, 41, was treated for smoke inhalation and taken to hospital in a stable condition.

The man's condition was reported as critical.
 



New threat to drivers who steal disabled parking spots

premium_icon New threat to drivers who steal disabled parking spots

HEARTLESS drivers who steal disability car parks could lose licence.

Asbestos scare spreads to primary school

Asbestos scare spreads to primary school

The number of children with possible exposure to asbestos grows

Hundreds of kids potentially exposed to footy-field asbestos

Hundreds of kids potentially exposed to footy-field asbestos...

Hundreds of children potentially exposed to asbestos over months.

Local Partners