Man kicked off Coast flight over hand luggage rage
A PASSENGER has been removed from an aircraft bound for Sydney when he became irate over hand luggage.
Police were called to the Sunshine Coast Airport on Monday night after a Sydney man failed to comply with instructions from the captain to leave the aircraft.
Maroochydore Police said the man was causing a disturbance over his oversized carry-on luggage which needed to be checked-in.
Cabin staff asked the man to leave on the instructions of the captain, however he refused.
Police were called and the man left the aircraft.
He was charged with failing to comply with instructions on an aircraft and disorderly behaviour on an aircraft.
No information about when he might appear in court to face the charges was available.
Incidents of aircraft passenger misbehaviour are becoming common in Australia and around the world.
In the past, international flights already in the air have been forced to be diverted and land to divest unruly passengers.
WHAT'S MAKING NEWS
- Polls show Coast residents don't want lift in high-rise
- Noosa masseur, 63, charged with sexual assault
- Wellington: Pollies should answer questions put to them
- Town plan shock: Sekisui's plan for 17 beach buildings
- Lifesavers issue warning to beachgoers after surfer death
- Outrage follows 'she-male' headline on Brisbane paper