Mother 'fobbed off' over bullying
A WOMAN who said her eight-year-old son had been incessantly bullied has pledged to take her plight to the Minister for Education after being "fobbed off" by the Department.
The child's story was featured in the Daily News yesterday, following which the woman was contacted by department staff.
Initially hopeful the phone call would be the start of a plan on helping her child, the woman said she was disappointed at being told the school authorities had done nothing wrong.
The child was subject to the latest attack on Wednesday, with his mother saying he had been slapped in the face by one of the "bullies".
She said she plans to take the matter further in an effort to have her concerns heard and for someone to help the child.
Department of Education and Training regional director Greg Dickman stood by the staff's handling of the situation and said the school does not tolerate bullying "in any form".
"In this instance, Warwick West State School has provided extensive and ongoing support for this student," he said.
"The principal has also liaised with other students and their parents about specific incidents involving this student."