Mum fears toddler swallowed calculator battery

A TODDLER was rushed to Brisbane yesterday after swallowing what was thought to be a calculator battery.

The two-year-old boy was taken to Nambour General Hospital by his mother.

She said she believed he had swallowed one of the batteries, which can release acid.

The boy and his mother were airlifted from Nambour to the Royal Children's Hospital in Brisbane by the Sunshine Coast-based RACQ CareFlight Rescue Helicopter.

The boy was transported in a stable condition to Brisbane, an emergency services spokesman said.

The Seven Network reported the toddler underwent surgery at the Royal Children's Hospital late yesterday as a result of the incident.

Neither his name nor condition was available last night.

WHAT'S MAKING NEWS:



Sacred site uncovered with 'for sale' sign nailed to surface

premium_icon Sacred site uncovered with 'for sale' sign nailed to surface

Aboriginal elder concerned about ancestral connection.

BEST DRESSED: Cute pictures of our pets looking their best

BEST DRESSED: Cute pictures of our pets looking their best

Check out 24 of Warwick's most fashionable pets

Convicted Warwick trafficker faces more criminal charges

premium_icon Convicted Warwick trafficker faces more criminal charges

A young dad has spent three months in jail

Local Partners