Ozzy Osbourne sets fire to kitchen while making sandwich
OZZY Osbourne set fire to his kitchen while cooking a bacon sandwich.
The Black Sabbath rocker was making up a pork treat for himself at the family home in Los Angeles but things went wrong as the meat sizzled in the pan, causing a blaze.
Ozzy had to call the fire service out to deal with the flames, but luckily was not hurt.
In a Tweet posted on Wednesday (28.08.13), his wife Sharon - who is London for the launch of the new series of 'The X Factor' UK - revealed: "I'm in London, @OfficialOzzy is in LA making a bacon sandwich last night and the fire brigade ended up at our house!! (sic)"
Despite his fire fright, Ozzy was fine after the incident and was able to join his Black Sabbath bandmates for a concert at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre in Irvine, Orange County, California, on Wednesday night.
The 64-year-old and his bandmates - bassist Geezer Butler and guitarist Tony Iommi - performed for a sold-out audience which included Ozzy and Sharon's daughter Kelly.
The 'Fashion Police' star posted on Twitter: "#BlackSabbath killing it tonight #Irvine ... I can't believe the people that are coming out of the woodwork to ask me for #BlackSabbath tickets! (sic)"
The bacon sandwich incident is not the Osbourne family's first brush with fire.
In December 2012, Ozzy accidentally set fire to his hair while trying to put out a small blaze cause by an oil candle.
Then in January 2013, Sharon had to call in firefighters after forgetting to extinguish a candle before she went to bed which set fire to some of her furniture.
Since the two incidents the 60-year-old star has banned candles from the family home.