Panic sets in as boy's fingers get caught in plug hole

A FOUR-YEAR-OLD boy was transported to Mackay Base Hospital overnight after three of his fingers were caught in a plug hole.

Emergency services received the call from a Crediton home at about 6pm.

Queensland Fire and Rescue crews resorted to cutting the drain pipe after many options were used to try and free the child's fingers.

A Queensland Ambulance Service spokesman said they tried everything they could think of.

"We tried soap, sludge, we tried all sorts of things but his fingers had swelled too much by then," he said.

"The drain was cut and he was transported with the drain attached to be removed at the hospital."



BULLYING: Parents, students tell horror stories from inside

premium_icon BULLYING: Parents, students tell horror stories from inside

'Dolly's death didn't change a thing... if anything it's worse.'

Dump won't accept asbestos material

Dump won't accept asbestos material

Local tradie left with unwanted and potentially hazardous problem.

Sweet taste of Warwick set to hit Asian market

premium_icon Sweet taste of Warwick set to hit Asian market

Bold move to get Warwick product on Korean shelves

Local Partners