Park where hog-tied body was found still a crime scene

A NEWCASTLE park, where a man's half-naked body was discovered hog-tied and dumped out in the open, remained cordoned off today as homicide detectives continued to search for clues.

Police were called after a shocked resident came across the gruesome scene during an early morning walk on Wednesday.

The man, believed to be in his 40s, had been tied up and was naked from the waist down.

The Herald reported the dead man had lived at the home of serial event grate-crasher Peter Hore - a local showman best known for public pranks at the funeral of Michael Hutchence and high-profile sporting matches.

The home was searched on Thursday but few details were released.



19 children dead, two more critical. When will this end?

premium_icon 19 children dead, two more critical. When will this end?

19 children dead, two more critical. When will this end?

State’s most polluted suburbs named

premium_icon State’s most polluted suburbs named

They’re more than 27 times higher than in Brisbane’s worst suburb.

BOM says storms are coming despite the dry weather

BOM says storms are coming despite the dry weather

Just because it's dry doesn't mean were safe

Local Partners