Fire truck, firetruck, file image
Fire truck, firetruck, file image

Pet dog to blame for house fire

THE top floor of a Mangalore house has been destroyed after a pet dog knocked over a burning candle.

Crews from Bagdad, Brighton and Bridgewater attended the blaze on Mountford Drive just before 1pm today.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire on the top floor of the two-storey house.

Tasmania Fire Service said an investigation found the estimated damage to be between $60,000 and $80,000.

"A pet dog has accidentally knocked over a candle that was alight causing a fire," the statement read.

"The owners were at home at the time of the fire, however this is a timely reminder to ensure that lit candles are not left unattended."



New reservoir flowing to Southern Downs residents

Premium Content New reservoir flowing to Southern Downs residents

The first load of water has been carted and residents are warned there may be a...

EXPOSED: Rose City’s drug offenders

Premium Content EXPOSED: Rose City’s drug offenders

From a woman mailing meds to her nephew, to a man with a stash of utensils, here is...

Shannons Championship to light up Morgan Park

Premium Content Shannons Championship to light up Morgan Park

The massive national event is expected to bring huge numbers of visitors to the...