Punters groom for top day at the picnic races
THE GATES of Allman Park will swing open at noon on Saturday for the annual Warwick Picnic races.
Join the community for a day of racing and fashion at the 119th picnic races.
There will be plenty of action on and off the field.
President of the Warwick Picnic Races Helen Lewis said it was set to be a great day out.
"There's going to be plenty of food and entertainment," she said.
"We're looking forward to the fashions on the field and the Calcutta.
"There will be a gourmet barbecue at 5pm."
Ms Lewis said people were welcome to take along their own picnic and enjoy it on the grass.
Entertainment will go until late with Sweet Souls from Brisbane performing.
"The band will be performing from 5.30pm onwards."
For the public the entry fee is $15 and there will be food and refreshments available at the bar.
It's $45 for members who can take along their own refreshments.
A complimentary bus will be running between the race track at the Warwick Hotel from 6pm until 9pm.
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 12.00pm - Gates open
- 1.40pm - Best Employment 800mm Maiden Plate
- 1.30pm - Calcutta Draw and auction begins - BTC cup group 1
- 2.18pm - Zooma signs 1100m Benchmark 65 Handicap
- 2.30-3.25pm - Rose City Shopping Centre Fashions on the Field
- 3.28pm - Grove Juice 1200m Maiden Squeeze
- 3.50pm - Calcutta Race Winners announced - BTC cup group 1
- 4.05pm - Olsen's Produce 1350m Class B Handicap
- 4.40pm - Peter Stewart Automotive 1350m Class 4
- 5.00pm - Sausage sizzle
- 5.30pm - Band - Sweet Souls
- 6-9.00pm - Complimentary bus from race track and Warwick Hotel