READY TO RUSH? Aldi brings back sub $400 vacuum bot
A vacuum bot that once sold for $900 will go on sale at Aldi for just $399.
Evovacs Robotics' Deebot Ozmo 920 is appliance that can be programmed to vacuum and mop using an app.
The gadget will be on Aldi shelves on March 10.
The Deebot Ozmo 920 features special detection software so it knows when it is operating on carpet and what suction power to use.
It's able to map floor plans and be assigned certain spaces to clean, as well as work on voice activation if you have a Google Home or Amazon Alexis.
Its battery allows it to clean non-stop for 110 minutes.
Aldi Australia buying director Shay Stearnes said the supermarket was pleased to be bringing the item back as part of its Special Buys.
"We've seen an overwhelming response from our customers to our previous Deebot Ozmo promotions and we are excited to partner again with Ecovacs to launch the Ozmo 920 as part of our Special Buys program for the first time with even more features and benefits than previous promotions at an amazing price," she said.
Previous models of the Evovacs Robotics have sparked a frenzy during Special Buys sales, with customers lucky enough to score one singing their praises.
"Lined up at 8am in the rain for this baby," one excited shopper said. "They were gone within 10 seconds."
@Aldiloversau's Tammy previously shared on Instagram how her model was able to pick up gunk and leave floors sparkling.
"I have floating floorboards and even with the older model never had any issues with scratching," Tammy said.
KEY FEATURES OF THE BOT
- Upgraded Smart Navi™ 3.0 Laser Mapping and Navigation Technology which scans, maps, and plans an efficient cleaning path based on a user's home.
- Multi-Floor Mapping technology to scan and store multiple maps of a house's different levels
- A 240ml water tank and electronically controlled water pump allows it to precisely control the water flow speed at four different levels
- Carpet Detection Technology allows it to automatically increase suction power on carpets when vacuuming and avoid carpets when mopping without human interaction.
- Enhanced Mobility with a new platform design, allowing it to cross obstacles such as doorsills of up to 20mm.
- Slim design with a height of only 93mm, meaning it is much slimmer than other floor cleaning robots with Laser Mapping and Navigation Technology.
- Voice Activation with Amazon Echo and Google Home compatibility.