Region’s top NAPLAN performers over 5 years revealed
THESE are the Southern Downs schools consistently top the state's NAPLAN results.
An independent analysis of five years of NAPLAN results has revealed the schools that performed the best in the Year 5 and Year 9 tests between 2015 and 2019.
Over that five-year period, Greenlands State School in Greenlands had higher Year 5 results than any other school in the state, scoring an average of 2543.4 each year.
Principal of Greenlands State School Kyle Low said while he was pleased with the results, there was always room for improvement.
"It is great to see our school do well in NAPLAN tests, however it simply allows the school to identify any gaps and set priority areas to focus on," he said.
"Results such as this help to affirm the high-quality teaching that is happening."
The top performing Year 9 school was St Joseph's School in Stanthorpe where the average result was 2932.8.
To find how each school performed between 2015 and 2019, their average scores for each year were combined and the yearly average found.
Special schools, schools with fewer than 20 students enrolled in either year, and schools that did not report any results for NAPLAN subjects in either year were excluded from the analysis.
The figures were independently compiled from the Federal Government's MySchool website.
That revealed Scots PGC College, in Warwick, had the second highest results for Year 5s of 2521.6.
The third best performing Year 5 school was Warwick West State School in Warwick with of 2511.4.
The second-best performing Year 9 results were at Scots PGC College, in Warwick on 2909.6.
Assumption College in Warwick had the third highest average results between 2015 and 2019 with 2835.4.
The 10 best performing Year 5 schools on the Southern Downs for 2015-2019:
• Greenlands State School: 2543.4
• Scots PGC College: 2521.6
• Warwick West State School: 2511.4
• St Joseph's School: 2488.2
• St Patrick's School: 2448.0
• Inglewood State School: 2437.4
• Yangan State School: 2398.6
• The School of Total Education: 2394.4
• Glen Aplin State School: 2361.8
• Texas P-10 State School: 2361.6
The best performing Year 9 schools on the Southern Downs for 2015-2019:
• St Joseph's School: 2932.8
• Scots PGC College: 2909.6
Assumption College: 2835.4
• Warwick State High School: 2787.2
• Allora P-10 State School: 2770.8
• Stanthorpe State High School: 2764.0
• Killarney P-10 State School: 2740.4
• Texas P-10 State School: 2715.4
• Inglewood State School: 2709.0