‘Scariest moment of my life’: victim’s genital chop threat
A YOUNG man who threatened to cut off another man's private parts with a meat cleaver is finally remorseful after spending nearly a year in custody, a Melbourne court has been told.
Shane Cokacar, 21, became involved in an attack on a man who had texted his friend, Beverley Brooks, asking for sexual services on November 17 last year.
Brooks lured the victim to Cokacar's Mitcham apartment with the promise of sex but when the man arrived, Cokacar verbally abused him in a bid to "protect (Brooks') honour".
He then assaulted the man before threatening to cut off his member with a meat cleaver.
Brooks and Cokacar then drove the victim to an ATM, with Brooks sitting in the back of the car with the meat clever to the man's face.
The victim gave the pair his PIN, fearing for his life and Brooks withdrew $700 from his account.
Brooks has already pleaded guilty to false imprisonment, assault and armed robbery.
Cokacar pleaded guilty to false imprisonment, intentionally causing injury, threatening to kill and armed robbery in the County Court today.
Initially, he denied involvement but had since become aware of his "terrifying" conduct, the court was told.
The victim, through his victim impact statement, said he was left traumatised, suffering flashbacks and unable to sleep after the "scariest moment of my life".
Cokacar, who has already served 332 days in custody, will be sentenced on Thursday.