See the community groups set to share $280K in grants
COMMUNITY groups around the region are set to share more than $280,000 in grants after the latest round of recipients for the Gambling Community Benefit Fund were announced.
Multiple groups are set to receive a funding injection of $35,000, including the Warwick Community Development ANZAC Memorial Committee.
The grant is the last piece in the fundraising puzzle for the group, which has been working for over a year to raise money to build a memorial wall and dais at Leslie Park.
Other groups set to benefit from the grants are:
- Eastern Suburbs Junior Rugby League Warwick: $17,500 to upgrade the electrical system and install a solar system.
- Freestone Memorial Hall Association : $18,730 to upgrade toilets and purchase table trolleys.
- Stanthorpe State Emergency Service: $35,000 to construct a building and foundation.
- Warwick Community Development ANZAC Memorial Committee: $35,000 to construct memorial wall.
- Stanthorpe Agricultural Society Sheepdog Trials Sub-committee: $34,000 to upgrade stock yards and purchase equipment.
- Stanthorpe Agricultural Society Rodeo Sub-committee: $35,000 to install grandstand seating.
- Warwick and District Historical Society: $35,000 to renovate a toilet block.
- Warwick and District Dirt Bike Club: $35,000 to purchase a Bobcat.
- Warwick Gymnastics Club: $20,000 to upgrade facility and purchase equipment.
- Warwick Karting Club: $18,550 to purchase a mower and line marker.