SEVERE STORM WARNING: Damaging winds, heavy rainfall, hail
THE Bureau of Meteorology has issued a severe thunderstorm warning for damaging winds, heavy Rainfall And large Hailstones for parts of Wide Bay and Burnett, Darling Downs and Granite Belt and Southeast Coast Forecast Districts.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds, heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area and large hailstones near the Border Ranges over the next several hours.
Locations which may be affected include Warwick, Toowoomba, Gatton, Texas, Beaudesert and Laidley.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 5:20pm.