Menu
Entertainment

Osbourne quits America's Got Talent

Sharon Osbourne
Sharon Osbourne Bang Showbiz

SHARON Osbourne has quit 'America's Got Talent' because of NBC's "discrimination" against her son Jack.

The showbiz matriarch was furious when 26-year-old Jack was axed by email from reality show 'Stars Earn Stripes', allegedly because of his multiple sclerosis (MS) diagnosis, and has now decided she no longer wants to work for the network.

She told the New York Post newspaper: "I just can't be fake. It's discrimination and it was badly handled. It's time to move on."

Sharon remains under contract to NBC but she isn't worried about any possible ramifications.

She added: "All they can do is stop me from being a judge on another network for five years."

Last month, 'Stars Earn Stripes' producer David Hurwitz claimed Jack was never hired for the tough reality contest.

He said: "He was somebody we were in talks with."

Both Sharon and Jack - who was first contacted about the show in April - admit a contract was never signed but insist the deal was moving forward on a verbal commitment.

After he agreed to take part, the 'Adrenalin Junkie' host - who went public with his debilitating medical condition in June - received an email on May 18 from Chuck LaBella, the network's vice president of talent relations, confirming his participation.

However, soon after disclosing his condition, Sharon says she received an email from NBC, which read: "We cannot move forward with Jack's participation".

She also claims NBC offered to pay Jack - who said he would fund his own insurance policy - his full appearance fee but they declined.

A representative for NBC said they regretted any "misunderstanding" which has led to Sharon leaving 'America's Got Talent'.

The representative said: "Sharon has been a valuable part of the NBC family. We regret any misunderstanding and wish Jack well."

Topics:  jack osbourne sharon osbourne



Yard worker first to take prestigious award

Frazer Eastwell with the Ross Williams Memorial Award for employee of the year at Frasers Livestock Transport.

Mr Eastwell was named the winner of the Ross Williams Memorial Award

Barbies at risk from Australia Day spray

Parts of southeast Queensland could be in for rain on Australia Day.

Still chance of decent sunshine, but rain on the cards

Man injured after falling from motorbike

EN ROUTE: An ambulance is on the way to a private property in Killarney.

Ambulance rushes to private property outside Warwick

Local Partners

James Franco shut out of Oscar nominations

HE WON a Golden Globe and a Critics’ Choice Award earlier this month, but James Franco’s been snubbed by the Oscars after being claims of “sexually exploitative...

Netflix cops $48m Kevin Spacey hit

Netflix’s $48 million Kevin Spacey hit. Netflix sales up by a over a third

Netflix temporarily halted production of House of Cards.

Neil Diamond cancels shows after Parkinson's diagnosis

Neil Diamond in concert.

'It is with great disappointment that I announce my retirement.''

Test leaves US ace ‘wanting more’

Jordan Taylor takes the new Red Bull ZB Commodore for a spin.

Commodore test leaves US sportscar gun Jordan Taylor ‘wanting more’

Bay dancer moving to Paris to perform at Disneyland

LOCAL LEGEND: Dancer Lili Wellings is set to move to Paris in May.

Lili Wellings is living every young dancers dream.

Hemsworth’s surprise appearance in Dundee reboot

Chris Hemsworth brings his star power to the Dundee reboot.

CHRIS Hemsworth is adding some star power to the latest Aussie reboot

How Oscars will avoid another catastrophe

Jordan Horowitz, producer of "La La Land," left, shows the envelope revealing "Moonlight" as the true winner of best picture at the Oscars in Los Angeles as presenter Warren Beatty and host Jimmy Kimmel, right, look on.

The winning envelope mixup will not be repeated as The Oscars undergo shake-up