Classic spaghetti bolognese
IT'S an oldie but a goldie - classic spaghetti bolognese to tickle your taste buds.
- 6 short-cut bacon rashers, excess fat trimmed
- 375g dried spaghetti
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 400g lean beef mince
- 1 x 575g jar bolognese pasta sauce
- 1/3 cup loosely packed shredded fresh basil leaves
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add half the bacon and cook for 2 mins each side or until crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel. Repeat with remaining bacon. Coarsely chop and set aside.
- Cook spaghetti following packet directions, until al dente. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in the frying pan over high heat. Add mince and cook, uncovered, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 3-4 mins or until the mince changes colour. Pour in pasta sauce and simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the basil and half the bacon. Divide pasta among bowls and spoon over sauce. Top with remaining bacon and cheese.